Wednesday 13 November 2013

Best drugstore color eye liners..

Posted by Unknown at 17:01
Hii everyone...
As u all know my last post was about high end color eye liners n as promised m up wid the best drugstore liners..
So today il b reviewing 6 liners from diffferent brands like maybelline, colorbar , bourjois n lakme..
I no everyone has their own color preferences but these r my favourites..
So lets start with the review:
                              
                                  
                                  

Lets start with maybelline liners which are three here.. there are two maybelline hyper glossy liquid liners n the third is the maybelline vivid & smooth liner by Eyestudio..

MAYBELLINE hyper glossy liquid liner in Turquoise blue and Tangerine Orange :

Price: 225/- for 3g

TURQUOISE BLUE :
These liners come in beautiful sharp packaging.. In plastic containers with a long wand applicator.. The tip is very sharp n easy to use.. It contains the product code n name at the bottom of the pack .. 
The quantity is about 3g . It was launched as color pop in these two shades only n I bought both of them.. I feel the shades r quiete bold n beautiful.. The Turquoise Blue is a beautiful sea green shade which is light n shimmery .. Looks beautiful when applied .. I also use it to define my lower lid sometimes.. The color is gr8 for both day look n evening wear .. These shade is very flower n minty green which can b best used in summer .. It gives your eyes very fresh look n pops up your eyes.. Yes they are waterproof n smudge proof.. N last quite long..

TANGERINE ORANGE :
I have already discussed the packaging in the above discription so let's start with the shade.. The tangerine orange is a bright orange shade with shimmer which is hardly visible to eyes.. The color pay off is great n these both liquid liners are highly pigmented n just one stroke leaves a great color.. This color is very bold n does not suit everyone .. U can try this if u prefer bold shades .. I apply this just above my black eyeliner n it looks gorgeous .. Orange is a very rare shade in liners but it's definitely worth trying.. Perfect for day looks n in falls.. I usually prefer blues n greens for color liners but this orange has changed my mind .. I don't mind wearing this bright shade for a change.. 

OVERALL VERDICT: 
I think very good shades n also great quality for the price they offer.. Affordable, reasonable, smudge proof, waterproof n long lasting , worth it n beautiful shades.. 
CONS: I don't find any .. :)
RATING: 5

Maybelline vivid & smooth liner by EYESTUDIO in BORDEAUX PEARL:

PRICE:200/-
This is a creamy pencil liner by maybelline.. It's actually very soft n pigmented.. It contains glitter n the shade BORDEAUX PEARL is a pinky brownish shade .. It's a very light shade n I use it only to line my lower lid as it does not shows up much.. But this is a must have shade for lower lid lining.. No matter wat make up I do smokey or soft I line my lower eye lid with this pink n it does make a difference in the eye n makes eyes look big.. I don't prefer pink liners for eyes but this is only an exception for lower lid..
They are waterproof n smudge proof n does not tugg under my eyes..they last quite long.. They also have several shades in these pencils so u can try as per your preferences..

OVERALL VERDICT:
Great pencils and very cheap compared to other brands.. Highly pigmented , sudge proof , waterproof , good color pay off..

CONS: 
Loose product while sharpening.
No manufacturing date but yes they provide expiry date.. 
No mentioned weight .

RATING:4/5
                                   

BOURJOIS Liner pinceau in GOLD :

PRICE:630/- for 2.5ml

This is a champagne gold shimmery shade.. Looks little grey too.. But again a very rare shade.. I always try color liners which are very rare shades.. N this is a great shade again .. The packaging is classy n comes in a plastic tube with the want in mentally gold color n the name of the brand carved over the lid.. The applicator is quite broad with its tip is also broad which I don't really like.. But I can manage as m a pro in applying liners :p 
Company claims that it gives 16hrs stay , I dint try it for 16hrs but yes it gave me for 10 hrs , so definitely long lasting..
Anyways I use this shade in several ways.. I use it above the black liner on the upper lid or to line my lower lid or at the inner corners of my eyes.. It gives my eyes a fabulous look without doing much.. I highly recommend this to everyone.. It's opthaalmogically tested ..

OVERALL VERDICT:
Again a beautiful shade :p , smudge proof, waterproof , opthaalmogically tested n longgg lasting...

CONS:
Tip is little thick.
Pricey
Takes time to dry

RATING:4/5

COLORBAR I-Glide pencil in FLIRTY TURQ 007:

PRICE:399/- for1.1g

COLORBAR is one of my favorite brand .. I invest in almost every product from COLORBAR.. Let it b a primer, brushes , blushes, bb creams , matte lip liners , matte lipsticks n now these I glide pencils.. M a FAN of this brand.. So let's come to the point.. This is a pencil liner in a FLIRTY TURQ shade which is a beautiful peacock blue shade.. Comes in sleek silver pencils with the shade at their end.. The end bottom of the pencil is actually the color of the pencil which make us easy to find in your stash . Company claims that these r liquid liners in a pencils.. N yes they actually are, they are so damn pigmented that juz one swipe is gives enough color.. Color pay off is great.. This shade gives me a perfect dramatic look to my eyes, all I need is this liner n loads of mascara n voila... !! It glides very smoothly n makes the usage very comfortable.. I would definitely try other colors frm this range..  N I recommend this unique shade to all.. It does not smudge n last upto 6hrs.. It can b worn foe evening wear as it's quite dramatic but I also use it for a day look..

OVERALL VERDICT: 
People who love blue liners definitely need to give this a chance, waterproof , smudge proof, highly highly pigmented, smooth n affordable..

CONS: 
Since it's very soft n creamy the tip might brake more often..
V can loose the lotta product in sharpening :((

RATING: 4.5/5

LAKME glide on eye color inAQUA MARINE:

PRICE:275/- for 1.2g

The lakme glide on pencil comes in 4shades in a black pencil with a transparent cap .. Decent pencils for the price.. The shade AQUA MARINE is more of a greeny tone.. Actually a aqua green color.. Highly pigmented n creamy pencils like all others, but I felt the lasting power is more in these lakme pencils, they last quite long.. This shade is a gel like consistency with slight shimmer.. Glides smoothly n color is just enough in single swipe.. Best for brown eyes but looks good on almost all. I wud recommend this shade.. I never had a good experience with lakme eye products but this pencils are actually great ones to have.. 

OVERALL VERDICT:

Good shade , highly pigmented, smooth gliding, reasonably priced, high shine , smudge proof, waterproof n dermatologist approved..

CONS: 
Loose product while sharping

RATING:4.7/5


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Faboholic Fire Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos